This tutorial shows how to change the language of your VOIP phone Cisco SPA 504G.
1. Download and install TFTPD32
2. Download SPA Phone Localization XML dictionaries (download both: english and your language)
3. Extract the language ZIP or copy the (extracted) XML files to the TFTPD folder
4. Run TFTPD32, press [Show dir] to verify that your XML files are available as a tftp download
5. Log into the web interface of your phone (http://ip.of.your.phone/)
6. Switch over to Admin login: advanced (top right)
7. Insert your dictionary script (as one line) into Voice -> Regional -> Dictionary Server Script (at the bottom of the page), e.g.:
Dictionary_Server_Script ua="na" serv=tftp://192.168.0.2/; d0=English;x0=spa50x_30x_en_v747.xml; d1=German;x1=spa50x_30x_de_v746.xml; / Dictionary_Server_Script
Replace 192.168.0.2 with the IP of your PC, d1=German and x1=spa50x_30x_de_v746.xml with your language and your language file.
8. Insert your language as used above (e.g. German) into the Change Language Selection-field below
9. [Submit All Changes], your phone should now reboot
10. You should notice the download of the XML files in the tftp Log viewer and your phone should talk in your language then
How to change the background image
1. Place a 128 x 48 pixel bitmap (b/w, 2 bits, .BMP format) in the tftp folder
2. In the web interface set your bitmap URI at Voice -> Phone -> BMP Picture Download URL to your bitmap path, e.g.:
Replace 192.168.0.2 with the IP of your PC and background.bmp with the name of your bitmap.
3. [Submit All Changes], your phone should now change the background image
How to add ringtones
Use the ringtone utility from the Cisco Support Forums.
Need further informations?
2 Comments to How to change the language of the Cisco SPA504G
Leave a comment
- VerySimpleXML – a lightweight Delphi XML reader and writer
- Solving circular unit references with class helpers
- How to change the language of the Cisco SPA504G
- Eclipse on Mac OS X – Workspace error on NFS mounts
- Lua 5.1 for Delphi 2010
- WordPress Plugin – QR Code Tag v1.0
- Favourite Android applications
- Hint: Blank Typo3 installation screen
- How to create an ESXi v4 Whitebox ISO with Windows Tools
- Ext: tt_news – no translation for name of months
- DWScript: OpenSource scripting engine for Delphi
- Konopka Answers The FireMonkey Question At Code Rage 7
- Hosting Preview Handlers in Delphi VCL Applications
- Want to try RAD Studio XE4, Delphi XE4, or C++Builder XE4, but have no Mac! No problem! Check this free offer!
- macincloud.com special offer for RAD Studio users - 24 hours over 30 days trial period
- More APNS info (in pictures)
- Using Open SLL in Delphi iOS
- Delphi XE2: spontaneous Product or License Validation Error | General
- How to install JCL and JVCL for XE4
- Programmer picks: 7 must-try mobile dev tools