Here are some of my favorite free essential Android applications
“Google Sky Map turns your Android-powered mobile phone into a window on the night sky.”
By using the Android phone’s orientation sensors, a star map for your location is shown. Impressive.
“Graphics and sound to keep your toddler entertained without having to worry about them dialing a number or going in to other applications.”
Very essential if you’re surrounded by kids.
“Ever been in an uncomfortable situation or with someone who talks too much? Just set the contact, time, and ringtone, and the phone will ring with a fake call, allowing you to escape!”
Oh yes, works great and helps you to escape mother in law sunday afternoon talks. Somehow essential.
“Turns your android phone into a Wi-Fi analyzer!! Shows the Wi-Fi channels around you. Helps you to find a less crowded channel for your wireless router.”
Best Wifi analyzer. Use Menu|View to change graph and list view mode.
Ultimate Stopwatch & Timer
“Nice UI stopwatch with lap timer and countdown timer. Can run in background and you can save lap times to compare later. New Alarm Sound when Countdown complete, uses system volume.”
A very nice interface and it does it’s job very well.
“SwiFTP is an open-source FTP server that allows you to connect to your phone over wifi to upload and download files. Any FTP client may be used.”
Nice and easy interface, transferred the data faster than any other Android FTP server application.
“Fast and easy TV listings for Germany. Quickly get an overview of what’s on right now – the shows, the movies and the sports events.”
This version is for German Television – it works nice and gives you a quick overview. Swedish and UK version also available.
Layar – Reality Browser
“The Layar Reality Browser displays real time digital information on top of reality in the camera screen of the mobile phone.”
Depends heavily on your location – you won’t find any additional informations right out in the sticks. Use it while you’re in the city.
“aTrackDog finds the newest version for all apps even they are not listed in Market.”
Gives you a nice overview about installed applications and updated versions.
“Display your GPS and sensor data: Shows the position, number and signal strength of GPS satellites. Check your position, GPS accuracy, speed, acceleration and bearing. A magnetic compass is included which displays both magnetic and true north. Use it as a leveling tool or detect magnetic anomalies in your area.”
The one with the best interface.
“A currency converter for 160+ currencies with daily exchange rates update.”
Always up to date. Nice.
“Funktionen: Telefonbuch, Branchenbuch, Rückwärtssuche und Lokale Suche in einem Geldautomaten: Suche nach Bankautomaten aller Banken.Kaffee und Burger: Überall Starbucks und McDonald’s finden. Nie wieder im Stau stehen: Anzeige aktueller Verkehrsinfos und Baustellen”
German only. Sehr kompakt für alle oben genannten Informationen.
Android Application Browser (Website)
“Now you can keep up with new Android apps from the comfort of your desk!”
What are your favorite Android applications?
4 Comments to Favourite Android applications
Leave a comment
- There is already a standard code style
- VerySimpleXML – a lightweight Delphi XML reader and writer
- Solving circular unit references with class helpers
- How to change the language and background of the Cisco SPA504G
- Eclipse on Mac OS X – Workspace error on NFS mounts
- Lua 5.1 for Delphi 2010
- WordPress Plugin – QR Code Tag v1.0
- Favourite Android applications
- Hint: Blank Typo3 installation screen
- How to create an ESXi v4 Whitebox ISO with Windows Tools
- When GExperts for Delphi 2007 does not install itself in Delphi on Windows Vista/7/8
- Appmethod is coming to a computer near you soon!
- Improving Performance with Zeos and PostgreSql
- My C++ CodeRage 8 "Secure DataSnap Development" links and source code
- My Webinar about Modernizing Windows Applications (or Move Away from Windows XP)
- FastMM4 FullDebugMode quick tip: don’t forget to give your EXE access to the correct FullDebugMode.dll
- When DelphiSpeedup cannot register itself in Delphi on Windows Vista/7/8
- Note only in Windows PowerShell: Whitespace, Please | TechNet Magazine
- A day of Delphi in Melbourne and Brisbane